Sunday, October 31, 2004

OVERHEARD

On my New York vacation -- which ended with my return to London last night -- I faced the usual choice between having fun and blogging. So, I had fun. Now, to blog.

New Yorkers are not shy about expressing themselves in public. I was waiting for a bus when a black man standing nearby pulled out his cellphone and began chatting happily with a friend.

As our bus pulled up, the man told his friend, "Let me tell you something, let me tell you someting! black man voting for Bush is an oxymoron! A black man voting for Bush is an oxymoron!"

Another day, I was on the 34th Street crosstown when it passed by the largish Victoria's Secret lingerie shop on Herald's Square. In one window was a mannequin wearing nothing other than a sheer bar and panties.

In the seat behind me, an elderly lady with a classic New York accent piped up, "I don't think Victoria has many secrets left."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home