Friday, September 03, 2004

Inspired by yesterday's subject -- pie and mash -- I had a chicken and mushroom pie and chips (french fries) for lunch. Some of my colleagues gave me a good-natured ribbing about my taste for British food.

I DO like the British custom of putting salt and vinegar on french fries. But I almost always regret this kind of meal minutes after consuming it. A man on cholesterol medication should NOT eat this sort of thing. Oh well.

The source of my meal was on Leather Lane, one of the many wonderful street markets around London. One of my little pleasures is walking down Leather Lane on the way to work -- around 8:30 in the morning -- as the market is setting up.

At lunchtime, you can buy books, light bulbs, fruit, fruit drinks, clothes and other items. It's a nice way to spend a lunch break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home